The Upper Valley Empty Bowls Mission: Working together to end hunger, strengthen community, and celebrate the arts.
The Upper Valley Empty Bowls Festival, an annual fundraiser to support the UV MEND Community Cupboard as well as local youth through art grants.
Empty Bowls is a grassroots movement by artists and crafts people in cities and towns around the world to care for and feed the hungry in their communities. Empty Bowls supports food-related charitable organizations, and has raised millions of dollars to help end hunger. See http://emptybowls.com/ , https://cdcac.org/empty-bowls/
Empty Bowls Committee Members:
Bohman, Mara Haire, Curt Phenning, Sandra
Buer, Gro Haire, Karen Priebe, Diane
Brine, Tiffany Kranz, Dawn Robertson, Barb
Nancy Bywater Johnson
Claeson, Linda Ley, Charlotte Shima, Mary
Claeson, Skip Mark, Bob Teasley, Barbee
Enloe, Erika Palmieri, Momi Therrell, Lisa
- Glazing Days: In mid to late January – 5 days for the public to paint bowls.
- The Artist Celebration & Gala Event – an evening in early March to meet the potters who hand threw the soup bowls & artist bowls, and the artists who painted the bowls for auction.
- Display the Artists Auction Bowls in Leavenworth store fronts during March.
- An online auction of the Artists Auction Bowls - two weeks in early March.
- A Soup Supper for all who participated in the Glazing Days - about the 3rd or 4th Thursday in March. This is when the soup bowls painted during Glazing Days are returned to the public.